Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yikes....

I just looked at the date on the first song I posted ("A Song For Youze....") and realized that I took a very long vacation from updating my ramblings.

I am very happy today, January 1, 2012, because I think that after a year of being unattached from a church. I think I may have found...."the one". Sounds terribly dramatic as if I were talking about the ideal woman, but....I'm referring to a church body and this is more exciting than meeting the "ideal" woman (really). This is a fitting way to start out a new year, especially on day one of January.

This is a small church almost identical to the church group I left in Sarsota. The service is virtually the same, the music is familiar and most importantly they have a giving box just like the church in Sarasota; no collection bags going around....New Testament giving principles in effect here. My kind of giving.

The people were all very,very nice and genuinely eager to say hello, not stiff and (dare I say it?) somewhat forced in their welcoming. In all, I felt very comfortable there and methinks I shall return.

I'll need to get involved enough long enough to see how many and/or how severe the warts are I get to experience. I've had enough of membership in churches that turned-out to be a nightmare. Who knows, I may even get to consider joining this bunch at some point....stay tuned for further developments. Let's see how the warts fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment